Jun 7  # 1 of 5
I've figured it out, that I don't have to boil chicken bones in a pot to make broth or boil vegetables even.

Simply I use some olive oil and some soy sauce. Makes a good broth every time inexpensively. Warning: Be sure not to add too much soy sauce, can make your soup too salty.

So I add frozen veggies, mixed legumes (precooked), some farrow(yeah, precooked too), and some spices, cheyenne my current spice of choice. Frozen spinach is my current fave veggie to add to my soups, kind of adds a rich green gooey slug to the soup... wicked.:eek:
Jun 8  # 2 of 5
Just a note.....you don't make "broth" using bones. They are used for making "stock" which is much richer. And you don't even need meat if all you want is a vegetable broth.
Jun 8  # 3 of 5
Quote CanMan wrote:
Just a note.....you don't make "broth" using bones. They are used for making "stock" which is much richer. And you don't even need meat if all you want is a vegetable broth.

Thanks for the edification.:)
Jun 9  # 4 of 5
This is not going to do it for me when I need stock for a recipe. I make a lot of roasted chickens so I always have stock in the fridge I made myself.
Jun 9  # 5 of 5
I agree with that one! No ay would soy sauce and olive oil do that!