What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weight Watchers

C

candleloverbiz

Looking for great weight watcher meals or recipes that have point totals. I have not seen any on here yet, if you have any, please share..I will too. Caryn

Last edited:
5 Points - El Pollo Loco Flame-broiled Chicken

1/2 roasting chicken, cut into pieces

MARINADE
4 cups water
2 tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon yellow food coloring

Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the chicken to the marinade, cover, and refridgerate for 1 hour.
Preheat grill to med/high heat. Cook the chicken on the grill, leaving the cover of the grill open. When the chicken has cooked for about 25 min, marinade the chicken once again for about 5 minute Place the chicken back on the grill and continue to cook for another 20-25 min or until done.
Before serving the chicken, remove the skin, and serve with steamed flour or corn tortillas (low fat or fat-free) and with salsa.

WW 5.5 PTS Baked Macaroni/Beef Casserole

This casserole can be assembled ahead and baked later; if it's refrigerated,
increase baking time to 30 minutes.

Makes 4 servings

3 ounces elbow macaroni
8 ounces lean ground beef (10% or less fat)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup tomato sauce (no salt added)
1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 ounces skim-milk mozzarella cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350o F. In large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni 8-10
minutes, until tender. Drain, discarding liquid; set aside. In large nonstick
skillet, cook beef, stirring to break up meat, 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink.
Remove from heat; set aside. Spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick
cooking spray; heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook over medium-high heat,
stirring frequently, 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Add tomato
sauce, parsley, basil, thyme, black pepper and reserved beef; cook, stirring
frequently, 3 minutes, until heated through. Remove from heat. Add cooked
macaroni to beef mixture; stir to combine. Transfer mixture to 1-quart baking
dish; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake 20 minutes, until bubbling
and slightly browned on top.

SERVING SIZE: 1 1/4 cups

Peanut Butter Cups WW 2.5 pts

Makes 2 servings

1/2 banana
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp peanut butter (could use reduced fat if you want)
2 tbsp cocoa

Mix all together and divide in half in muffin tin lined with paper liners.
Freeze until hard. Let slightly thaw before eating.

so if divided into two peanut butter cups each would be 2.5 points

I think that I have posted this in another thread, but what the heck. This closely resembles a lasagna without the noodles (in taste):

Beef and Vegetable Cheese Casserole
Serves 4, 8 WW points per serving

2 medium tomatoes, sliced
2 medium zucchini, sliced
12 ounces lean ground beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 cup canned tomato sauce
2 cups fat free cottage cheese
1 large egg yolk
½ cup lowfat shredded Cheddar cheese
1 Tablespoon parsley, oregano, or rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 500. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and lay tomatoes and zucchini on it. Roast for 10-12 minutes.

Saute beef, onion and garlic till the beef is browned. Stir in the tomato sauce and bring to simmer. Spread the beef mixture in a large shallow baking dish and top with roasted vegetables. Reduce oven temperature to 350.

Whisk together the cottage cheese, egg yolk, Cheddar cheese, herbs, and salt and pepper. Spoon over top of vegetables. Bake until very hot and bubbling around the edges, 35 minutes.

Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes with Cookie Crusts

These are only three points a piece.

12 items chocolate wafer(s), about 2 1/2 oz
8 oz Neufchatel cheese, softened
1 cup 2% reduced fat milk
2/3 cup sugar
2 envelope unflavored gelatin
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 cup water, boiling

Line 12 muffin tins with paper muffin liners. Place a wafer in the bottom of each of 12 muffin tins (or custard cups); set aside. (If the wafer doesn’t fit in bottom of muffin liners, break into pieces to cover bottom.)

Place cheese in bowl of a food processor and process until loose. With food processor running, pour milk down feed tube.

In a separate medium bowl, mix together sugar, gelatin and cocoa with a fork or spoon. Slowly add boiling water, mixing as you go; mix quickly until gelatin has completely dissolved.

With food processor running, slowly add cocoa mixture through feed tube; process thoroughly, about 1 minute.

Fill each muffin liner (or custard cup) with about 1/3 cup of cheese mixture. (Muffin tins will be filled up to the top; custard cups should be about 2/3 full.) Chill for a minimum of 2 hours. Yields 1 per serving.

Baked, Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pineapple

This is 1 point per 3/4 cup

1 large sweet potato(es), washed and dried
15 1/4 oz canned pineapple, packed in juice, crushed, drained

Preheat oven to 400ºF.

Place potatoes directly on middle rack of oven. Bake, checking for doneness by either gently squeezing potatoes or pricking them with a fork to see if they’re really soft, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and cool for 5 minutes more.

Scrape potato flesh from skin into a large bowl. Add drained pineapple chunks and mash with a potato masher or spoon until pineapple has broken down slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.

Spinach Dip with Pesto

2 points per serving.

2 cups canned spinach,
1/2 c. green pesto,
2.5 cups low fat yogurt

Mix all ingredients. Put into serving dish or bread bowl, serve with veggie sticks, bread or crackers.

Pumpkin Fluff

Pumpkin Fluff

The points for this is 1 pt. It makes up to 4 servings

Ingredients

15 oz Libby's Solid Pack Pumpkin
1 cup fat-free whipped topping
4 serving fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 cup McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener

Instructions

1. Combine 1 can pure pumpkin, 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice, 2 Tbsp. Splenda Granular (or sugar) in a small bowl. Mix well.
2. Add 1 small box fat-free, sugar free instant vanilla OR butterscotch OR white chocolate DRY pudding mix.
3. Fold in 1 cup fat-free whipped topping.

Green Chile Chicken Soup/Stew

SERVES 8

6 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth
16 oz chicken breast
2 bay leaves
5 cups diced potatoes
1/3 cup carrots
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
2 oz. green chilies
14 oz. can tomatoes w/green chilies
16 oz. can diced tomatoes

I dice the chicken and cook everything but the potatoes. I put them in last. Cook until potatoes are tender.

Whoa! Weight watchers mac and cheese. Now that is cool! I love mac and cheese but have not been eating it too much lately because it has so many calories. Thanks

There are alot of recipes that you would be amazed at that Weight Watchers has modified and it still tastes really good. When I joined I didn't think I would be able to eat regular food however, you can and you can eat just about anything with moderation.

I wonder if Weight Watchers would be better for my husband than the South Beach Diet. He loves his bread & pasta, so the first 2 weeks of the SB diet just about kill him, & the rest of us who aren't on the diet but since I don't believe in making 2 different meals, we all end up eating dinner like we are on the SB diet.

The only problem with the WW diet is moderation; he's a good-sized man, he played football in high school & he wasn't the quarterback, he was one of the really big guys, and he still has that appetite. The good thing about the SB diet is he can eat as much veggies & protein as he wants, but the other drawback to that is I'm worried about his cholesterol.

Aah, figuring this out might just drive me crazy.

I don't know much about the South Beach Diet. I like Weight Watchers cause you are able to eat whatever but with moderation. There are two different programs one is the flex were you have so many points. Then there is the core program. This allows you to eat certain foods that don't cost points. You should check it out. Maybe there are items on core that your husband could eat and still eat alot.

Layered Mashed Potato Bake

This is 3 points per serving

4 large white potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread, divided
1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream, divided
1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
1/4 cup KRAFT Shredded or 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Place potatoes in separate bowls. Add half each of the cream cheese and sour cream to each bowl; season with salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher or fork until creamy.
STIR half of the Parmesan cheese into white potatoes. Stir half of the Cheddar cheese into sweet potatoes. Alternately layer half each of the white potato and sweet potato mixture in 2-qt. clear glass casserole. Repeat layers.
BAKE 15 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; bake 5 more min. or until cheeses are melted.

Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 150
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 4.5g
Cholesterol 30mg
Sodium 180mg
Carbohydrate 17g
Dietary fiber 2g
Sugars 5g
Protein 3g
Vitamin A 90%DV
Vitamin C 15%DV
Calcium 6%DV
Iron 2%DV

Crockpot Breakfast

6 Points per serving

32 oz frozen hash browns
1 lb cooked ham cubed ( lean )
1 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1 1/2 c shredded cheese ( Regular Cheese )
12 eggs
1 c skim milk
1 t salt
1 t black pepper

Divide potatoes, ham, veggies and cheese so you can create several layers of each in the crock pot. Start with the hash browns, then ham, onions peppers and last cheese. Repeat until you have several layers. Beat eggs, milk salt & pepper pour over layers in the crockpot cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours overnight.

Back