1/2 cup chopped onion
2/3 cup molasses
1 tablespoon horseradish
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Cook lima beans as directed on package until barely tender; drain. Pan fry bacon in skillet until partially cooked. Add onion and continue cooking until bacon is browned. Mix together the molasses, ketchup, water, mustard, salt, horseradish and pepper in a 2 quart casserole. Stir in lima beans, bacon and onion with bacon drippings. Bake at 350° for one hour. Makes 8 servings.
Sep 1  # 2 of 3
Now that sounds good, Old Bay.

Ever notice that nobody is indifferent about limas? They either love 'em or hate 'em. Put me in the first category; I think limas are the bomb.

Here's another way of preparing them you might like:

Creole Lima Beans

2 cup dried limas (I prefer the baby limas if you can get them)
1 tbls butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1-2 hot chilies, chopped fine
1 stalk celery, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, smashed
1 14-oz can whole or diced tomatoes
2 tbls tomato paste
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp brown sugar
Salt & pepper to taste

Soak limas overnight. Cook limas until tender, reserving broth.

Heat butter in large pan. Saute garlic, onion, and peppers until onion is golden. Add celery, tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme and sugar. Cook until all veggies are tender, about 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings.

Add drained beans and simmer a few minutes to meld flavors. Add reserved bean broth to desired consistency.

Serve over rice.
Sep 2  # 3 of 3
Yes, it's a love-hate relationship with limas. I know a lot of folks that won't touch them.

Yet, I love lima beans and could probably live on them alone! I've tried to grow them. For some reason they don't produce for me. Drat.

I'm going to have to try your recipe. It's intriguing.