Apr 17  # 1 of 10
I've recently really started liking eggplant, but I'm looking for new ideas on how to use it. For the most part I've been mixing it in with caramelized onions and balsamic, mixing in some grilled chicken, and topping it on my salads. I tend to like it skin-on but I'm looking for different ways to use it. My general style of cooking is high protein, and I try to keep it healthy. I avoid butter and only use a minimal amount of olive oil. Any suggestions?
Apr 17  # 2 of 10
Hello Chef Boy,

There are many delicious recipes in here for eggplant! Look in the veggie forum, MamaM has posted some great ones. One forum I started was Needing veggie ideas MammaM posted some great recipes in that one..you can go have a look.

There is a greek dish called "moussaka" that is a very tasty, it has eggplant in it. And I am sure you have heard of eggplant parmasean, and eggplant lasagna!

My ultimate favorite way to eat eggplant is to saute' it in some butter and add salt & pepper and let it steam down and carmelize a little! Delicious and easy.

CCCathy
Apr 17  # 3 of 10
Thanks for the thoughts, I'll definitely browse through those
Apr 22  # 4 of 10
Szechuan Style Eggplant

6 Japanese eggplants, cut into finger sized strips
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons peanut oil
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
3-4 scallions, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

Cook eggplant in 2-3 tbsp oil in a large deep skillet until tender (add a little more oil or water if necessary- it will cook down with the amount of
oil stated but with a nicely hot wok, there may be a little smoke involved, but don't worry, turn on the hood exhaust because it just adds to the flavor).

While eggplant is cooking, mix soy sauce, sugar, and broth together in a small bowl till sugar dissolves.
Remove eggplant from skillet when cooked and keep warm.
Heat garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger in 1 tbsp oil until aromatic.
Stir in the water chestnuts and half of the scallions along with the eggplant and the soy sauce mixture.
Stir and cook until the soy sauce is absorbed into the eggplant (this may take several minutes).
Add the vinegar, sesame oil, and remaining scallions, stirring to mix.
Serve hot, garnished with sesame seeds.
Apr 23  # 5 of 10
You guys have some great recipes, I can already fill up my week with recipes suggested just from my few posts alone. Thanks for the recipe, it sounds great!