Oct 16  # 1 of 4
First i must say i love those salad bar hot peppers and store brand pickled ones.

Now this summer i actually grew few things. Very proud of myself .

Ate most of the stuff but now that its cold all i got left is a bunch of Jalapeno Peppers and Green Tomatoes. I pickles one of each....which i am also very proud of haha. Mainly because i tend to procrastinate to the point that everything either rots or dries

Now i got about 8 peepers left and i'd like to attempt to duplicate store bought peppers, but cant find any DIY recipes.

......sooooo if you have ideas or links please throw them my way.

PS i was trying to put up some pictures but apparently i am not allowed till i make 15 posts...pretty idiotic and pointless if you ask me.
Oct 17  # 2 of 4
Are you looking for a hot pepper salad?

4 lbs. hot peppers
1 lb. sweet peppers
2 whole stalks celery
1/2 c. canning salt
4 cans black olives
3 (30 oz.) jars green salad olives
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. oregano
2 c. wine vinegar
7 to 8 c. salad oil

Dice peppers and celery finely, put in a large bowl and set aside. Sprinkle salt over vegetables and let stand one hour, then drain. Cut up olives and add to other vegetables.
Add the vinegar and oil. Set aside and stir occasionally. Press down into small jars, cap and store in refrigerator.

2 vine ripe tomatoes
1/2 sm. onion
Salt & pepper
1 fresh hot pepper

In medium size bowl, dice tomato. Add onion, chopped real fine and add hot pepper - also chopped fine. Salt and pepper to taste and serve with vegetable suppers, chicken fried steak, fried chicken or most anything!

VARIATION: To make "Pico de Gallo" as served with fajitas, add cilantro to the above ingredients and you have it!
Oct 17  # 3 of 4
If the pictures you posted on another forum are the example of your pickling attempts, it is just as well that they are not duplicated here. DIY recipes are called "home canning" and you can get instructions buying a current copy of the Ball Blue Book Guide To Preserving ($6) or you can visit the following website and search the ingredient you want.

National Center for Home Food Preservation
Oct 23  # 4 of 4
Quote CanMan wrote:
If the pictures you posted on another forum are the example of your pickling attempts, it is just as well that they are not duplicated here. DIY recipes are called "home canning" and you can get instructions buying a current copy of the Ball Blue Book Guide To Preserving ($6) or you can visit the following website and search the ingredient you want.

National Center for Home Food Preservation

This site really good. I was also looking for some site same as this. :)
Thanks!