Nov 30  # 1 of 4
While buying sweet potatoes yesterday to do Cathys "Apple sweet potato bake" I picked a few more for a simple baked sweet potato and remembered these are one of the few veggies that don't require salt to be good. So after my baked sweet potato yesterday I will do sweet potato baked fries today. I think I'm going to "Overload" on these things and I haven't even made Cathys dish yet.
Nov 30  # 2 of 4
one thing I love about yams and sweet potatoes - they are great with nothing at all - boiled, baked, steamed, fried - I just luv 'em
Nov 30  # 3 of 4
JP, good call. I love baked sweet potatoes. We have them at least one time each week. Course I like potato pie.
I bake a whole oven full at one time, Just wash, rub with oil and bake. I then freeze what we don't eat. For freezing: I wrap in foil and freeze. For warming: I open the foil and pop into 350° oven. Opening the foil drys the skin and makes for easier peeling. CF:)
Dec 1  # 4 of 4
Well last night it was baked sweet potato "fries". Cut them to size, drizzled some olive oil on them, light dusting with cinnaman and sprayed them with butter flavored spray after they came out of the oven. Liked them better that way then just baked. Of course my heart Dr. wants me to keep my weight below 170 and these thing ain't doing that any good.