Feb 19  # 1 of 13
So what is everyone cooking up for Mardi Gras? I love Cajun food. I make blackened fish all the time with greens and corn bread. I also like to make Jambalaya, BBQ shrimp and even duck gumbo. I haven’t decided yet what I will be making this year. What are your favorites?
Feb 19  # 2 of 13
Our traditions is the "lasagna di Carnevale" or "Lasagna Napoletana"

it is a very reach lasagna with very tiny meat balls (my father used to say we had to make 365 meat balls, one for every day of the year), salame, boiled eggs, mozzarella, ricotta, and parmiggiano, and obviously tomato sauce :-)

Pasta e Sfizi
Feb 19  # 3 of 13
I like the sound of both meals, I am not even sure what we will have yet. I think I am leaning towards a Crawfish Etouffee! Such a rich and flavorful dish m-m-m-m-m!
Feb 19  # 4 of 13
Cathy, what's that Crawfish Etoufee. I'm going to have to google, lol.
Feb 19  # 5 of 13
The kind that I have had and simply love is a dish that is a thickened very rich type white sauce that has lots of garlic and butter, you use french toast points to sop up the lovely sauce as you devour it! Oh my goodness is it delicious. The fresh crawfish were readily available down in Mobile Al and that entire area and that is where I used to have this marvelous dish. I believe I can pull up a few recipes here on SP for you to see.