Feb 6  # 1 of 19
I made lentil soup today, and it turned out to be a great day for it. It's been cold and rainy with sleet on and off all day.

I had to improvise a bit. I had no celery but I added a lit bit of celery seed for the flavor. Instead of chicken stock, all I had was beef stock so I used that instead. Some crushed tomatoes, and sausage and it came out pretty good

Here I've got onions and carrots sauteing

DSC03370.jpg

You want to pick through your lentils to make sure there are no stones or other debris in there

DSC03369.jpg

This is my first time making it and it came out thicker than I'm used to but it sure tasted good

DSC03375.jpg

Mmmmmm a nice bowl of sup with some grated parmesan on top

DSC03376.jpg

And to round it out I made some garlic bread to go with it

DSC03377.jpg
Feb 6  # 2 of 19
Looks good and it is the perfect day for a nice tummy warming soup! It is so dang cold out there I can't stand it! This is one time I won't tell you to set a plate for me - it's too cold to go outside!
Feb 6  # 3 of 19
Your soup looks great Rick. I'm a big fan of broth too. Specially with bread and butter for sopping. Nice pieces of celery makes a soup decent too.

Have to get you to try Pasta Fagoli one of these days. It's a canaloni bean and pasta soup with sausage and a tomato base. It's really good on these cold days.
Feb 6  # 4 of 19
IC I haven't had pasta fagiola in sooooooooooo long. I love it too :)
Feb 6  # 5 of 19
Mm... soups on, looks good! I like lentil and pasta fagiola soup, garlic bread YUM!!! Cookie :)