Recipe: Maryland Steamed Blue Crabs
Maryland Steamed Blue Crabs Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup salt
- 3 cups while vinegar
- 3 cups beer (or water)
- 3 dozen live (and lively) Maryland Blue hard crabs
To make Maryland Steamed Blue Crabs
- Mix Old Bay, vinegar, and beer (or water) well.
- Put one-half of the crabs in a very large pot with rack and TIGHT fitting lid.
- Pour one-half of Old Bay mixture over top.
- Add rest of crabs and pour remaining Old Bay mixture over them.
- Steam, covered until crabs turn bright red in color, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately with fresh steamed Silver Queen corn on the cob.