This is a recipe for a deliciously different beef stew made using Old Bay Seasoning. The ingredients are for the most part the standard beef stew items. The difference in this recipe is the seasoning, which is, of course, Old Bay. We love Old Bay Seasoning, and are always seeking new uses.
Old Bay Beef Stew Ingredients
- 1/2 pound beef rib eye steak
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 can mushrooms, stems and pieces
- Fingerling potatoes
To make Old Bay Beef Stew
- Cut the rib eye steak into about 1/2 cubes.
- Place beef in a 3 quart stock pot, and cook until browned.
- Add chopped onion, celery and chopped garlic. Cook 3 – 4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add chopped red pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning, and cook for 5 – 10 mintues.
- Add 10 – 15 fingerling potatoes (or 1 potato chopped fine).
- Cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes.
- Add canned mushrooms, and cook for another 5 minutes.
Since spring is here, and picnic season is right around the corner, we thought we’d share our world class Deviled Eggs recipe. This is a recipe of one of our employees, and they are always a hit when we have pot luck luncheons.
To make the hard boiled eggs called for in this recipe, place the eggs in a large pot and cover with tap water. Place on the stove, and bring the water to a slow boil. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes at slow boil, then remove from heat. Carefully place pan in sink, turn on the faucet, and add cool water until the water is cool enough to safely drain. Carefully place eggs in a large bowl to cool.
Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 cup tbsp light mayonnaise
- Ground paprika
- Cook eggs until they become hard boiled.
- When eggs cool enough to handle peel off the shell.
- Slice eggs in half length wise.
- Scoop out egg yolks into a bowl.
- Mash egg yolks with a fork.
- Add to the mashed egg yolks, the ground pepper, dry mustard and 4 tbsp mayonnaise.
- Mix egg yolk mixture well, and add more mayonnaise to get desired consistency.
- Spoon the deviled egg mixute into the opening ih egg white.
- Sprinkle top of deviled eggs with paprika for flavor and presentation.
- Keep deviled eggs refrigerated until ready to serve.
Makes 24 Deviled Eggs.
This recipe for Garlic Tabasco Mashed Potatoes is a treat. That is, of course, if you like garlic like we do. This recipe isn’t too garlically in taste, and the Tabasco Sauce adds its own twist to the flavor of the mashed potatoes.
Garlic Tabasco Mashed Potatoes
- 4 to 5 medium new or red potatoes
- 1 tsp Nina chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh onion
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 to 3 tbsp softened butter
- Place milk and butter in a warm location to soften butter, and warm milk.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large chunks.
- Place the potatoes into a 3 quart non stick saucepan and cover with water.
- Add the finely chopped onion, and chopped garlic to the saucepan.
- Cover the saucepan, heat to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Tabasco Sauce, 2 tbsp softened butter, and 1/4 cup milk. Beat the mashed potatoes with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy adding additional milk and butter as needed to make creamy.