Uses for herbs
Uses for herbs
- Use in soups, sauces, meats. Especially good with tomato dishes, salads, and herb breads.
- Bay Leaf
- The leaf of the Laurel bush, native to the Mediterranean. For soups, stews, meats, poultry, herb bread. Use sparingly, either crumbled or whole, and remove before serving.
- Black Peppercorns (Whole)
- Use in soups, stews, and other meat dishes.
- An aromatic seed, caraway is used in cookies, breads, sauerkraut, vegetables, cheese, and roast pork.
- Celery Seed
- Use in potato salad, salad dressings, stews, egg dishes and soups. Crush, and mix with salt to make Celery Salt.
- Chili Powder
- A mixture of seasonings, including mild red pepper. Use in meats and vegetables. Sprinkle sparingly on hamburgers and french fries.
- Use is salads, cream cheese, omelets, soups, and with baked potatoes.
- Curry Powder
- A combination of herbs and spices, use with lamb, veal, pork, chicken, and seasoned butters.
- Use as a garnish, or with fish, potatoes, and pickles.
- Has a sweet, hot flavor. Use with fish.
- An herb similar to oregano, with small, aromatic leaves. For soups, stews, sauces, meats, stufings, and fish.
- (wild marjoram) Used widely in Spanish, Italian, and Mexican dishes. Excellent with tomatoes.
- Paprika is made from red peppers. Use in meats, and salads. Use as a garnish for potatoes, cream cheese, salads, and eggs.
- Poppy Seed
- The tiny seed of the poppy plant. Use with vegetables and breads.
- The leaf of the rosemary plant, a small wodody shrub. Use with meat, poultry, stews, stuffings, sauces, gives a subtle flavor.
- Use with poultry and meat stuffings, in sausage, meats, cheese.
- For stuffings, pork, and green beans
- A delicate and pungent herb. Use in salads, saad dressings, soups, fish sauces, meats, stews, and herb breads.
- For soups, stews, sauces, meats, poultry, fish, cheese dishes, tomato dishes, herb bread. Use sparingly, then taste.
Shipping Cost Est