Mar 4 # 1 of 3
I have a huge bottle gourd in my fridge (no actually just half of it) which is going soft.
It's not rotting but just past it's prime. Can I use it for something example in the stock pot or mash it with rice or anything actually.
I don't want to throw it
Mar 6 # 2 of 3
I wonder why no one has replied
I hope it's called bottle gourd only.
I am talking about that light green cylindrical vegetable that belongs to the squash family. It's white inside.
Mar 6 # 3 of 3
I have a recipe for a fry:
Oil or ghee - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chilies - 2, sliced
Bottle gourd cubes (1 cm) - 2 cup
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Salt - to taste
Lime juice - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin.
2. When the cumin splutters, add green chili. Fry for few seconds.
3. Add gourd pieces, turmeric powder and salt.Cover and simmer till the vegetable is tender.
4. Open the lid and cook stirring till any excess moisture is absorbed.
5. Remove from fire, stir in the lime juice.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.