I used to work in an Italian restaurant that had fresh bread sticks on the salad bar, and we made these all of the time in the back. Yum Yum!
- 8 brown and serve bread sticks
- 2 tbsp Parmesean cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 deg F.
- Slice bread sticks in half lengthwise about 2/3 of the way through like submarine rolls are done.
- Mix in a small bowl the Parmesean cheese and marinara sauce.
- Spoon the marinara sauce / Parmesean cheese mixture on the bread sticks.
- Bake for 10 - 14 minutes or until bread sticks are just beginning to brown.
- Remove the bread sticks from the oven. Top with the Mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and bake about 2 more minutes so that the cheese melts.
Makes 8 servings of Pizza Sticks