Sep 11 # 1 of 1
Chi-Chi’s Steak and Mushroom Quesadillas
4 oz flap or skirt steak marinated in soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, salt and
1 oz sliced red peppers
1 oz sliced green peppers
1 oz slicked yellow onions
2 oz sliced mushrooms
1 oz garlic butter
1 (12”) Jalapeno Cheddar or Flour Tortilla
3 oz Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese Blend
3 oz fresh Pico do Gallo (see recipe below)
1 oz shredded Iceberg lettuce
1 oz guacamole
1 oz sour cream
2 oz Chi-Chi’s brand Chile Con Queso or other dipping sauce
Pico de Gallo:
1 lb diced Roma tomatoes
3 oz diced yellow onions
½ oz chopped fresh cilantro
Salt, pepper, granulated garlic and fresh limejuice to taste
1. Marinate the steak for at least 2 hours prior to grilling. Grill steak to preferred
doneness. Remove the steak from the grill and slice thinly.
2. Sauté the red peppers, green peppers, yellow onions and mushrooms in the garlic
butter until the vegetables are semi-soft and have a light golden color to them.
3. Lay the tortilla on a medium heat grill or large sauté pan. Tope the tortilla with the
cheese, Pico de Gallo, sautéed vegetables and the grilled steak.
4. Allow to heat until the cheese has melted. Once the cheese has melted, fold the tortilla
in half. Remove the tortilla from the heat and cut into four wedges.
5. Place the cut tortilla on a large serving plate and finish off with shredded lettuce, sour
cream, guacamole and Chile con Queso for dipping.