I used orange liquor to make the glaze but otherwise I followed the recipe. I'm gonna test Jon's dedication to his new weight loss plan
This was good but do not leave it in the oven to cool like the recipe says. I did and mine is a little dry. It would have been perfect if I had not followed that step.
Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
2 teaspoons butter
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
4 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 (8 ounce) containers sour cream
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, mixed with
2 -3 tablespoons orange juice or 2 -3 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
3. Streusel: Combine brown sugar, spices in a small bowl.
4. Cut in butter until crumbly.
5. Set aside.
6. Cake: Add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
7. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
8. Add and beat in eggs one at a time.
9. Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla.
10. Beat well.
11. Beat in flour mixture.
12. Spoon half of the batter into the pan.
13. Sprinkle streusel mixture over batter but don't let it touch the sides of the pan.
14. Top with remaining batter, making sure batter does touch the sides of the pan.
15. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
16. Cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
17. Turn out onto wire racks in order to cool completely.
18. Turn out on serving plate.
19. Drizzle with glaze.