What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krogers Question

Well Jon and I went to that same Kroger today and I was shocked to see the seafood counter super clean and not a hint of a smell. The lobster tank was even clean and normally you cannot even see the lobster in the murky water. In all of the years I have bee going there that is the first time it has not smelled.

Sounds like "the chain of command" was put into action - the email reader sends the email to the complaint department who sends it to the health/inspection department who then emailed the store manager and the recruits went in - you can bet that manager and the seafood manager may not have their jobs much longer - if they are still there.
There goes their bonus!

I never got any contact from Kroger other that a computer generated reply stating they had gotten my original email. What ever caused the change at that store I just hope it lasts. Not a hint of any smell what so ever. That just shows the stink was because they were not cleaning like they should have been. I was teasing Jon and told him I had to give them my Kroger shoppers card number with the email. I said watch.. when they scan my card for this purchase the manager will come over and punch me for getting them in trouble lol.

just what you need - a psycho manager that goes postal or something! I'd be interested in finding out who got fired for that! Corporate goes after the manager - he goes after the assistant managers and department heads - maybe they are hiring a whole new crew - either for the department or the whole store.

I got a reply.

Dear Ms. Glass: Thank you for contacting The Kroger Company. I would first like to apologize for the unsatisfactory shopping experiences and the problems you encountered with the odor from the seafood department. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and making each shopping trip convenient and comfortable. I am forwarding your email and complaint over to the management team for review with the store director, so that you will be able to have a better experience on your next shopping trip. And once again I apologize for the inconvenience you have been caused. You are a valued customer and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please let me know if I could be of further assistance. Sincerely, Robbyn CallahanConsumer Affairs

I hope the clean air of the place lasts. Next time I go Id love to try some fresh mussels or something I have been to scared to buy before.

Nice to know they corrected the problem and also nice to know they acknowledged it by writing back to you. They only time I ever complained about a store or food item was when i found a 3 inch section of some sort of plastic binding floating around in a 2 litre soda bottle. I sent it back to the Co with a note that said, no I wasn't injured and no I'm not the type that sues everyone but just thought they might want to check out their bottling department. I did receive some gift certificates from them and an apology.

Back