What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMG!!!! Morels!

Well, I was going to ask you to send me some cause I have never had one before and am so envious. But it looks like 3 pages of what to do with them gives you way to many ideas so I'm outta luck, lol.

RE: "Now what to do with them? "

jfain, we sometimes get TONS of morels in our neck of the woods and we consider tham a real delicasy!

Follow mama's directions for soaking in salt-water. Sometimes they contain TONS of bugs well hidden in all their dimples and crevices- don't be alarmed by this. The salt water will draw the bugs out.

We simply split them in half, dip in salted egg-wash, roll in cracker crumbs and pan-fry in butter. YUM!

jfain said:
We get a lot of morels here in Ohio too. I go to the roadside farmers markets and buy them in the spring but never in my own back yard! It's like winning the lottery.

Back