What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of pork chops ... any ideas?

I can't go a month without having at least one porkchop meal. Usually I have them biweekly, sometimes for lunch, sometimes for dinner, and one time I had the leftovers of a dinner for breakfast.

I like to get the really thick pork chops and seasoning them with Lawry's Seasoned Salt and put them in a baking pan with two large sweet Vidalia Onions that have been cored and stuffed with a pat of butter and salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. Remove the cover the last 10-15 minutes to allow the pork chops to brown. The baked sweet onions adds a wonderful flavor to the pork chops and the sweet onions are great to eat.

You can pan fry them with some olive oil and then remove them from the pan and combine a jar of Smuckers Cherry preserves (must have real fruit pieces in it) and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar - the preserves melt into a glaze within one minute and then you pour it over the top of the pork. It is *so* easy and *so* good.

Tonight I am making Shake and Bake porkchops with Au Gratin potatoes. It smells so good. It is in the oven as I write this.

You know, i don't think i've ever tried Shake n Bake, though i remember the commercials.

Peppered Pork Chops

Ingredients:
4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
2 teaspoons ground black papper
1/2 teaspoon thyme, crushed
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Servings: 4
Minutes of prep time: 15
Nutritional analysis per serving: calories: 182 grams of fat: 8 mg. cholesterol: 71 mg. sodium: 82

Instructions:
Coat chops with pepper and thyme. Heat oil in large heavy
skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops, cook to brown one side
(2-3 minutes); turn to brown other side. Remove chops from pan,
keep warm. Deglaze skillet with Worcestershire sauce: add sauce
to hot pan, stir constantly to remove any pan juices cooked to
bottom of skillet. Pour accumulated juices over chops and serve
immediately.

Pineapple-Garlic Pork Chops

Ingredients:
4 pork loin chops, about 1-inch thick
1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2/3 cup dry sherry
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
1 clove garlic, minced

Servings: 4
Minutes of prep time: 10
Minutes of cook time: 12 Nutritional analysis per serving: calories: 270 grams of fat: 9 mg. cholesterol: 99 mg. sodium: 99

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients, except pork chops; mix well. Place
chops in a shallow dish; pour marinade over chops. Cover and
refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally.

Remove pork chops from marinade. Place on rack of broiling pan.
Broil 5 to 6 minutes on each side, turning and basting once with
marinade.

Muslgrl, those look like tasty recipes for chops. I'm going to print them so I can try one this week. I make a Hawaiian Pizza with ham and pineapple, and never thought of using pineapple with pork chops. It sounds sooo good and healthy too.

I wonder how many recipes have been printed on this forum... I imagine it would be a high number.

My mom always marinated them in Italian dressing over night then grilled them up on the grill and served with apple sauce

My favorite way to make chops is with a dry rub, then grill. My rub consists of equal parts sugar & salt. Then add cumin, garlic powder, pepper, and cayene to taste. Coat both sides of the chop with this rub then grill untill done. Makes some wonderful swine!

Back