What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do you shop?

I shop once a week...usually Sunday. Our freezer is not that big so I can't buy lots of meat in one go. Anyway, I have lots of time so I can go to the grocery store any time.

We go at least once a week and generally we spend a lot of money on food. I think its okay though, as we eat good fresh foods a couple times a week.

I actually go to the store once or twice a week because we want our food to be fresh especially when it comes to the meat and other things.

Sometimes I go shopping every day, depending on the menu, and what's fresh or in season. We have a lot of little local places I'd rather shop than the big supermarkets - I can shop two military commissaries, a COSTCO, and five meat markets all with in a short drive. What I miss is a good bakery. We are also blessed with a plethora of fresh seafood, as well.

I do shop in a market, one a week. I do buy food like fish, meats and other canned goods items which can be stored for a week.

We try do a weekly shopping trip, every Saturday morning before it gets crowded. I'll plan a few dinners for during the week so it's actually been working out nicely.

Like Mama Mangia, last year around December we had a snow storm and it knocked out our electricity for 3 days and we also lost everything, i has just gone grocery shopping... (who would of thought the DFW area would that much snow...). So the once a week shopping trip works out so much better!!!

I suppose Texas is reasonably warm at Christmas - I remember your storm.

Christmas two years ago we had a huge snow storm that paralyzed the NW - most folks couldn't get out to shop but with my 4x4 had no worries. We keep a good 1+ year of canned goods in the house but I get lax in keeping jugged water on hand for a week. I'm also low on charcoal for the grill and need to stock up for winter.

In the past several years we've lost power for a week at a time but it has been during cold weather. We keep the freezer shut to keep the cold in and it went well. One of these days we'll get rid of the freezer in the garage and change our lifestyle as we reach our "golden years".

I've got fire wood for two weeks and wish I had more but Mrs W gets allergy/bronchitis every thyme I light up the stove.

Back