What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Know any Native American Recipes?

Here's another pretty neat web-site I came upon and would like to share it is interesting: nativerecipes.com - Native America Cuisine - Restaurants

Hi CCC :)
Neat find, thanks for posting. I will check it out later when I have more time. Have a great day!

native americans dot com/Recipes.htm has links to lots of traditional native american recipes from various tribes and different parts of the country. Good stuff. Sorry, won't let me post actual links yet.

native americans dot com/Recipes.htm has links to lots of traditional native american recipes from various tribes and different parts of the country. Good stuff. Sorry, won't let me post actual links yet.

Thanks for sharing Bubba, I am going to go find it now!

I love that I am able to just type something in and BINGO there is so much nice info, available!

Oh by the way...Bubba, your dragon reminds me of Mardi Gras down in the Southern States of Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida's Panhandle! They have alot of cute green dragons (usually dressed in purple though) and other logos as well, but the dragon is very popular!!!

Last edited:
.Oh by the way...Bubba, your dragon reminds me of Mardi Gras down in the Southern States of Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida's Panhandle! They have alot of cute green dragons (usually dressed in purple though) and other logos as well, but the dragon is very popular!!!

My little dragon is a Highland piper. I have one similar except a badger.

Hey Bubba I made the bear signs last night for desseret they were yummy! Thanks for sharing, I actaually put some finely diced apple in mine, and just dropped them in the oil by tbsp.

Hey Bubba I made the bear signs last night for desseret they were yummy! Thanks for sharing, I actaually put some finely diced apple in mine, and just dropped them in the oil by tbsp.

Glad you liked them. It's a basic recipe and very open to all sorts of additions and modifications. One thing I like to do is add raisins and after frying brush on a sugar glaze.

I wanted so badly to add raisins after I put in the apple, but my hubby is not a big fan of raisins...so:( But I am going to at least say they were GREAT anyway!

That's a shame that your husband should discriminate against grapes just because they are old and wrinkled. ;):D

Cathy, do you use Craisins?(Dried Cranberries) I love using them instead of or with raisins. I made home made mince meat back during the holidays and used Craisin for half the raisins. Wow. It was so good. The uses are endless.
Kinda like what you were saying about that yellow stuff that comes with the Mac and Cheese.

I love craisins IC, only problem is I eat them before I can get them into a recipe:D I will resist the urge and try them in some muffins sometime! Or even some bear signs!

Back