What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today's bread

here's a pic of the last one I did, using white flour. I have started using the pricier unmolested flours lately and I have to say to me it's worth paying extra for the flour. I see a big difference in the finished product.

DSC03000.jpg

Rick..what a beauty! Can you provide the brand name of what you consider to be a 'pricier, unmolested flour'? I usually use King Arthur unbleached flour. Thanks Rick

Thanks Rick..as a matter of fact, there is an OddLots in Milford, Ct (sells stuff really cheap) and they sell many of Bob's Red Mill products..if I am lucky, they may have the unbleached flour..thanks again..you are so helpful...

No Knead Bread

Hey,

Alton Brown had this on Good Eats (his dutch oven show.) I have modified it for sourdough and the fam has gone bonkers over it!:D

I use 1/3 home ground whole wheat with my bread flour (bought from the local "club". That way my carb addict son will get some fiber as well.

If I have leftovers from breadmaking, I can make paninis which makes the rugrats happy!

CW

Thanks Rick! I sure am going to give it a try and check out the you-tube for instructions!

Rick..what a beauty! Can you provide the brand name of what you consider to be a 'pricier, unmolested flour'? I usually use King Arthur unbleached flour. Thanks Rick

We have Bob's out here but I prefer King Arthur -it's good and their web site/blog/tweets are full of recipe ideas.

I do like Bob's polenta/grits but can't tell the diff between them and Quaker.
Quaker is a home town product.

If you are capable of performing TK then congratulations!

mytelekinesis com]Telekinesis is hard work A majority of us are just happy to be able to do the easy things

All things related to psychokinesis are extremely hard to perform most of the time it's done

Do Huh? Did I miss this recipe the first time?

I have one of those pots

I have a pot like that but I can no longer lift it...so I have had to use
a light enamel pan (cheap emamel from walmart) and it does very
good.

Back