What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Thanksgiving Menu?

Shelley your menu sounds delish and Happy Birthday to your daughter.

My brothers little one was born at 9:45 this morning and all is well.

Oh Hon today was your BD!
Please forgive me for not remembering that. I have a rotten cold.
Happy Birthday to you!

The baby is doing fine. They are kinda worried though because their other little girl is autistic. You really cannot tell about autism until the babies get a bit older.
This one was an accident lol. My brother is 45 and has five grandkids and another grandchild due in Dec. He says he was to old to be a Daddy again lol. He worries to because he is in such bad health.

I am having company so i am going to be in heaven in my kitchen, I am going to try the spur of the moment recipe in mind thing. Wish me luck everyone, I will let you all know how it came out.

My sister in law who is Jon's only siblings wife is supposed to be making Thanksgiving dinner at her house for all of her family. Jons Dad goes there for Thanksgiving. I made dinner at Jons Dads last year because she had just had a baby. I took sausage, biscuits, bacon and apple pie jam I made this morning down to my fil's place this morning so we could have breakfast and he was telling me he had told my sister in law to let him know is she didnt want to make the Thanksgiving dinner and that he and I would make it. He laughed and said they would probably tell him the night before that they want us to make it. Her mother who does most of the cooking for it is down with bronchitis. I was telling Jon I scheduled with my brother to pick up the dinner I am making him at noon Wednesday and then I am making dinner for Jon and I on Thur. A few weeks ago when they had their big dinner with my mother in law I asked my sister in law if she was doing dinner at her home and she said yes so then I made my plans. I love her to death but they never make a decision til the last second. I'm not like that and Im not keeping my plans up in the air because of it. Im afraid if they call our fil to make the dinner he is gonna be in trouble. I told him if they did we wouldnt even be able to find a turkey that wasnt frozen and that I had my day planned for a cozy Thanksgiving for two. I make turkey with side for Sunday supper Sunday before last with Jons Dad so we could have a little Thanksgiving just the three of us because he was supposed to be at his other sons on the big day.

I wouldnt have minded making the dinner for everyone at my fils but I am not juggling my plans til the last minute because Jons brother and his wife cannot make up their minds. I asked them and then made my schedule. There are no 9pm the night before Thanksgiving mind changes for me.

Last edited:
Don't forget the Dollar Tree stores are a great place for getting those little recipe ingredients. I got orange marmalade for a $1 there today I needed for my duck and I stocked up on throw away foil pans with lids for my brother to take his dinner in.

...awww, shucks guys- thanks!

Shelley, my niece turns 19 on Sunday the 22nd. She was also born on Thanksgiving day in 1990! I agree, turkey-day babies are real sweethearts!

Just to complicate matters a little bit for our daughter, a few weeks ago, the main road that leads to the hospital she is scheduled to deliver in, had a major rock slide which wiped out the road and it will be 2 months before it's cleaned up. This is one of the down sides to where we live in the mountains. Now she has to weigh a 2 1/2 hour road trip when she goes into labor versus going into a smaller local hospital and risk her insurance not covering the costs.

Here's a link to the story of our little corner of the world

Aerial Photos of Hwy. 64 Rockslide | aerial, rockslide, hwy - Local News - WTVC NewsChannel 9: Chattanooga News, Weather, Radar, Sports, Lottery

Who has the good luck to catch a stomach bug two days before they are due to start tons of cooking? I managed to get Jon and chicken roasted this evening all though the smell wasnt doing much for me. I just got over a freakin cold lol.

Who has the good luck to catch a stomach bug two days before they are due to start tons of cooking? I managed to get Jon and chicken roasted this evening all though the smell wasnt doing much for me. I just got over a freakin cold lol.

I hope you feel better soon - I still can't shake this bug I have - and I'm pushing myself to keep up with what has to be done.

Whatever it is that is going around - it's not nice. And it's like a storm system that is hovering over and won't move on.

I'm trying to stay away from the stores because it seems everyone has it.

Try to rest - take the carcass from the roasted chicken and make yourself some good homemade soup. It won't take long - the chicken is already cooked. Hope you feel better soon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, we are going to family this year. I'm making the sweet-potatoes again this year. I'm also doing a pumpkin-spice cake w/ cream cheese frosting & fall decorated with sprinkles. I'm doing a pan of homemade fudge with chopped pecans.

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving, Cookie :)

Hope you feel better soon! Cookie :)

Hi Mama, hope you are doing ok, Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Thanks Mama.
Im so sorry you are not feeling well either. I hope you get better soon.

Thanks Cookie.

Thanks Hon. I appreciate that.
I am feeling better today. Hope Mama is to.
My brother brought me some Phenergan which is great for nausea.

Back