Jul 11  # 6 of 12
These are some great ideas. I really should invest in one of these things; it seems they're more useful than I thought!
Jul 11  # 7 of 12
Although I have quite a few appliances - I am not the type to run out and buy every gadget I see. But I made a good investment in my sandwich maker years ago and by playing with it I discovered that I could do much more than just sandwiches in it. A friend of mine even makes pancakes in hers - she says the kids love to dip the triangles in the syrup!

Then they started to show the Xpress 101 on infomercials. I don't like infomercials - but that one caught my eye. I watched it several times and it did remind me of my sandwich maker except the "wells" were bigger and I could use flour tortillas and make large portions of things as well as do much more with it. It was another good investment and I am not sorry. And it really comes in handy during the summer; you can still bake "cakes" without using your oven. Being able to make cakes in 7 minutes if company is coming (7 minutes for 2 and depending on how much batter you have depends on how many you get - from a typical cake mix I get 12 to 14 including angel food cake mix).

My favorite summer appliances: crockpot, sandwich maker and Xpress101 - I can make very good meals without the oven!

:p
Jul 25  # 8 of 12
Interesting. That informercial is always attractive, but I don't see how useful it would be. We're not big sandwich eaters...
Jul 25  # 9 of 12
We aren't big sandwich eaters either - it's what you can create and enjoy with these machines! There is so much you can do with them.
Jul 27  # 10 of 12
Thanks to this topic....I brought mine down and used it again the other day. Thanks. :)