What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandwich makers/Xpress 101

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
How do you use your sandwich maker??

Of course I have made assorted sandwiches with it, but I have also used it to make tea cakes that I can drizzle with icing or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; I have made cornbread triangles in it; fried eggs in it - scrambled and sunny side up.

Since I had gotten a lot of use out of the sandwich maker, I purchased the Xpress 101 when I saw it on TV. The "wells" are bigger so I get a much bigger cake out of it and there is a lot you can do with that.

And in the summer when its just too hot to turn the oven on - I can still make quickies if company drops by unexpectedly.

I guess both of them were worth the investment to me.

:p

That reminds me...I have one too...hmm....maybe I need to break it out and start using it again. I used to love making ham and cheese sandwiches.

My college cafeteria had it but we were limited to what was in the sandwich line so i've never been more adventerous with it. I sure did love making warm sandwiches on it though!

Please excuse me for sounding naive. What is a Xpress 101 sandwich maker? Are they the thing that makes the paninis?

These are some great ideas. I really should invest in one of these things; it seems they're more useful than I thought!

Although I have quite a few appliances - I am not the type to run out and buy every gadget I see. But I made a good investment in my sandwich maker years ago and by playing with it I discovered that I could do much more than just sandwiches in it. A friend of mine even makes pancakes in hers - she says the kids love to dip the triangles in the syrup!

Then they started to show the Xpress 101 on infomercials. I don't like infomercials - but that one caught my eye. I watched it several times and it did remind me of my sandwich maker except the "wells" were bigger and I could use flour tortillas and make large portions of things as well as do much more with it. It was another good investment and I am not sorry. And it really comes in handy during the summer; you can still bake "cakes" without using your oven. Being able to make cakes in 7 minutes if company is coming (7 minutes for 2 and depending on how much batter you have depends on how many you get - from a typical cake mix I get 12 to 14 including angel food cake mix).

My favorite summer appliances: crockpot, sandwich maker and Xpress101 - I can make very good meals without the oven!

:p

Interesting. That informercial is always attractive, but I don't see how useful it would be. We're not big sandwich eaters...

We aren't big sandwich eaters either - it's what you can create and enjoy with these machines! There is so much you can do with them.

Thanks to this topic....I brought mine down and used it again the other day. Thanks. :)

I use mine for quick dessert/breakfasts I use pie fillings, then drizzle with powdered sugar, or cream cheese or frosting... yum.
Plus my boys love mini pizzas in them... I just use pizza sauce, motz chz and pepperoni or whatever I have for toppings. yummmy

I have one of those sandwich makers too -- Maybe I should get mine out also. We use to put apple pie filling in them... or chocolate icing. Came out pretty good. OH!! And don't forget the sugar when you do the apple pie... ewwww LOL

Back