Aug 25 # 1 of 1
Asian Stir Fry
3/4 lb salad shrimp, thawed
3 large garlic cloves, minced
3/4 c onion, sliced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tb canola oil
1-1/2 c snow peas
1-1/2 c red pepper, chopped
1-1/2 c carrots, chopped
1-1/2 c brocolli, chopped
2 Tb vegetable broth
1 Tb lemon juice
1. Place drained shrimp in a bowl. Add salt and cayenne to shrimp. Toss well.
2. Heat oil in a wok on high.
3. Sauté shrimp stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
4. Place sautéed shrimp back into the bowl leaving the liquids in the wok.
5. Combine the onions and garlic in the wok and sauté, about 3 minutes.
6. Add peas, vegetables and broth to the wok.
7. Reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
8. Return shrimp to wok, add lemon juice and cook for 1 more minute.
Servings 6, Fat 2.5g, Calories 153
Optional: Serve over a bed of rice and add a dash of soy sauce.