What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is for Dinner June 2010

jglass

I am making fried chicken wings with onion rings, herb roasted potatoes, avocado basil pasta & chopped salad for Sunday supper. I know it is kind of a strange mix but Mon is grocery day so I had to make do with what I had.

Tonight I also made a batch of Italian vegetable soup and a loaf of french bread for my brother.

For me it's going to be hamburger steak with gravy. I made it last night and some friends invited us out to eat so "in the frig it went." I know it's Redneck Food but being from north Louisiana it fits right in.

Well I did a cooking fib today lol. My sis in law is having dental surgery next week so I made her a last meal before she has to put her meals through a blender for a few days.
I made her bacon cheddar cheese soup but I totally cheated and used Sandra Lee's recipe which uses canned cheese soup lol. My brothers wife was going on later about how much better it was then the canned and I was thinking welllll ....... lol
I also made her a twinkie strawberry shortcake and sent my bro fried green tomatoes & cornbread he wanted.

Jon and I had a 8oz new york strip steak for dinner. I got them on sale yesterday for $5.99 a pound. I have steak marinading for fajitas tomorrow. Im using the guacamole recipe Mama posted.

SS will be a roasted chicken, dressing, brussel sprouts in garlic butter, cornbread, corn on the cobb, salad and Mama's Dreamsicle pie.

I am making tacos tonight for dinner!! YUMMYY! nice quick delicious meal! I just take about 2 lbs of beef (depending on how many people are eating) and I cook it in a cast iron pan. than I just get a package of taco seasoning from the store and there's your meat! than you just get the shells of your choice; I recommend white corn shells... and you put them in the toaster at a relatively low temp but let them get hot and crispy! If you like soft shells I recommend heating them up in a pan before making your tacos! Also don't forget the mexican cheese that you can get at the super market!! than you just add fresh lettuce and tomatoes. MMMMM delicious!:)

haha i know its just tacos... but they are so delicious. and they are very quick & easy!

Back