Jul 20 # 1 of 2
Bad Hombre Eggs & Waffles
1 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 large egg
1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 quart water
1 can black beans
1/2 to 1 cup grated mexican cheese
salt and pepper
4 flour tortillas
1. Preheat waffle iron and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Beat milk, olive oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until just moistened.
3. Pour 1 cup of batter into the center of the hot waffle iron and close the lid of the iron.
4. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle. Keep waffles warm in oven until ready to assemble the dish.
EGGS AND ASSEMBLE:
1. Place vinegar and water is a big saucepan and bring to a boil. Crack two eggs into a cup and then gently slide the eggs into the boiling water.
2. Let eggs cook for 3-5 minutes. While eggs are cooking, layer 1/4 of the black beans on 1 waffle. When eggs are done, remove eggs carefully with a slotted spoon, allowing them to drain for a few seconds, and place on top of the waffles/black beans. Repeat process with two more eggs.
3. After all the eggs are poached, top the eggs with salsa, cheese and scallions. Season with salt and pepper and serve with warmed four tortillas. Serves 4
Aug 9 # 2 of 2
The name kills me. Thanks!