Nov 8 # 1 of 1
1 pound ground beef
1 package (1.25-ounce) taco seasoning mix, Ortega®
2/3 cup salsa, Pace®
1/4 cup jalapeño juice
1/4 cup canola oil, Wesson®
4 to 6 flour tortillas (8 inch), Mission®
Topping you can add on top
Shredded Mexican cheese blend, Kraft®
Chopped ripe olives
* In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef.
* Add taco seasoning, salsa, and jalapeño juice.
* Add a little water if mixture is too dry.
* Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
* In another large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
* Fry tortillas flat until crispy on both sides.
* Place tortillas on individual ovenproof plates.
* Cover each tortilla with meat mixture, then spread cheese over top.
* Broil 6 inches from heat until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
* Remove plates and top cheese with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and olives.
* Place dollops of guacamole and sour cream in centers of chalupas.