May 28 # 1 of 1
French Chocolate Mousse
1 lb cream cheese ( softened)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
3 eggs ( separated)
1 tablespoon milk
12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels ( melted & cooled)
2 cups heavy cream ( whipped)
1. Combine next 4 ingredients: (cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt).
2. Beat until well blended.
3. Add egg yolks and beat until smooth.
4. In a microwave safe dish, mix semi-sweet chocolate with milk and microwave in 20 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
5. Blend in melted semi-sweet chocolate.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in with whipped cream.
7. Mix everything together until well blended.
8. Pour into cups: Chill until firm.