Aug 18 # 1 of 1
Total Time: 15 minutes
Budget - $20
Ease of preperation - 5
1 1/2 pounds of Salmon Fillets - Make sure to ask for the skin to be removed.
10 ounce bag of spinach
1 can diced tomatoes (10 ounces)
Long and Wild Grain Rice
What to do:
1. Cut salmon into 4 servings and season with salt and pepper. Make sure to wash hands after handling raw fish.
2. Boil water in a medium pot for rice.
3. Preheat large saute pan on medium heat 2-3 minutes.
4. Put rice into boiling water.
5. Combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of cilantro, and 1/2 cup of light mayonnaise in a medium bowl and mix.
6. Coat both sides of salmon with the tomato mixture and place in the saute pan.
7. Add remaining tomato mixture to saute pan and cook salmon 3-5 minutes on each side. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets.
8. Wash spinach and place in a microwave safe bowl.
9. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to spinach. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
10. Remove rice from stove strain and mix into bowl of spinach.
11. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of rice and spinach.
12. Remove Salmon from the saute pan. Use the tomato mixture as a garnish as needed and serve with rice and spinach.