May 28 # 1 of 1
Sauteed Zucchini With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 lbs zucchini ( about 4 medium/6 small)
4 large sun-dried tomatoes
1 small onions, finely diced
1 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
1. Wash the zucchini using a brush to gently scrub the zucchini and then pat dry with a kitchen towel. Cut off the stems and cut each zucchini in 3 or 4 pieces; then cut each piece lengthwise into 6 wedges. Set to the side.
2. Chop the dried tomatoes and set to the side.
3. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, place 4 tablespoons of oil and the diced onion. Cook over a medium heat until the sliced onions are translucent, for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the minced garlic and sauté an additional 1 minute.
5. Add the dried tomato and sauté for additional 2 minutes.
6. Add the zucchini, salt and pepper to taste, then cover with a tight lid and simmer for additional 5 minutes or until tender but firm.
7. Using a slatted spoon transfer the zucchini into a large dish and serve while hot.