Aug 2 # 1 of 1
;)KENNY’S FAMOUS SPIN DIP’N JALAPENO PEPPERS AND SAVORY SPINACH DIP
A creamy warm spinach dip, served with jalapeno peppers and tortilla chips.
• 2 large packages of fresh young spinach (julienne)12 to 14 oz.
• 8 oz package pepper jack cheese ( shredded )
• 6 oz package cream cheese ( softened)
• ½ cup heavy cream
• ½ cup chopped onion
• 3 to 4 cloves garlic ( chopped finely )
• 2 tbs olive oil
• salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, optional
• 8 large jalapeno peppers cut in half and seeded
• white corn tortillas chips
Heat a large skillet to medium, add oil, chopped onion and cook until clear, add salt, pepper, garlic and spinach and ( stack several spinach leaves and slice thinly before hand ) stir often, as spinach reduces lower the heat and cook until the water that cooked out is reduced in the skillet. Stir in pepper jack and cream chesses. Once the cheese has melted stir in the cream and reduce heat to simmer.
. Pre heat your Pepper Griddle on the stove (Electric, Gas, or Barbeque grill) to Medium. Oil the griddle. Salt peppers, fill peppers halves with spinach dip and put into pre-heated griddle for approximately 5 to 7 minutes until peppers have browned. Place peppers on plate of tortilla chips and top with grated cheese. Allow some cooling time before eating.
Top with Salsa and Sour Cream for added taste. Don’t forget to refill your griddle with additional peppers. One serving is never enough. To spice’em up, top with grated Pepper Jack or Mexican melting cheese with Jalapeno’s.
Serve remaining dip with tortillas chips.