Jul 28 # 1 of 1
1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers ( from the jar is okay)
1/2 cup diced pitted kalamata olives ( or green olives)
1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese ( or Parmesan)
2 scallions, diced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 lb white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the roasted red bell peppers, olives, cheese, scallions, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. On a baking sheet(you may line with parchment paper if you wish or lightly spray with cooking spray) place the mushrooms, cavity side up.
4. Spoon the filling into the cavity of the mushrooms.
5. Bake until the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Move the mushrooms to a serving platter, sprinkle with chopped basil, and serve. Enjoy!