If we ran a restaurant, there is one recipe that we’d offer on the menu and we know it would be a hit. Now, this isn’t a steak and cheese sandwich. It’s a Rib Eye steak, broiled to medium well (or your desired doneness) and then topped with a sauce made with savory . It’s absolutely the best tasting steak we’ve ever had.
To make this recipe, first prepare the cheese sauce (recipe below). Then broil a Rib Eye steak seasoned only with salt and pepper until the desired doneness is reached. Remove the steak from the broiler, top with the cheese sauce, and serve. Yum!
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps flour
- 1/2 cup beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Slice onion in half and the slice thinly
- Melt butter in large skillet
- Add sugar to melted butter
- Add onion to melted butter and sugar
- Cook onion until limp and lightly browned
- Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add beef broth and milk
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until thickened
- Add grated cheeses
- Cook until cheeses are melted
- Serve over cooked steaks
Any left over cheese sauce can be frozen and thawed when needed.