We enjoy having potato salad along with our summer barbecued foods like hamburgers, and chicken. Somehow the taste of potato salad blends with the barbecued foods. Occasionally we have found some prepared potato salad with a nice taste. But that’s hard to find as storage, preservatives, and mass production all are detrimental to the flavor.
So we prefer, most of the time, to make our own potato salad. We know it’s fresh, limit the amount of salt we add, and enjoy knowing the potato salad was a result of our own efforts. We’ve never entered this recipe in a contest, but all of our friends rave over it when we serve the recipe at holiday weekend barbecues.
Easy Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds of red skinned potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dried cilantro
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
To make Easy Potato Salad
- Fill a large pot with water, and bring to a boil.
- Add the red skinned potatoes.
- Cook for 12 minutes, then add the 2 eggs in shell to make hard-boiled eggs.
- Cook for another 12 minutes. Drain, cool, then refrigerate the potatoes and eggs for 3 hours.
- Peel the potatoes if desired. Cut the potatoes into 1/2″ chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs, cut into 1/4″ slices, and then crumble the eggs over top of the potatoes.
- Combine the mayonnaise, cilantro, lemon juice, and white pepper in a Pyrex measuring cup.
- Mix a little dressing at a time into the potatoes. Keep adding more dressing until the potatoes are well coated with the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1/2 hour. Mix and serve.