Try out these Greek seasoned meatballs if you want a change of taste in your daily meals. The flavor of the lamb and the citrus/mint/thyme seasoning of the McCormick Greek seasoning blend makes a delicious meatball. The hardest part we had in making this recipe was finding ground lamb. After going to 3 or 4 grocers that we thought would have ground lamb, we found it at a local Safeway store.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tbsp McCormick Greek Seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried Parsley Flakes
- Prepare a place for setting meatballs on by placing wax paper on the plate.
- Place the ground lamb in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs and chopped onions over top of the lamb.
- Scramble egg and mix in the Greek seasoning and parsley flakes.
- Pour the eggs over the lamb, and using your hands mix the lamb, bread crumbs, onion, and seasonings together for about a half a minute.
- Take a bit of the lamb mixture, and form into 3/4 – 1″ meatballs by rubbing in the palms of your hands. Place formed meatballs on the plate. Repeat for all meatballs.
- Place 1 tbsp canola oil in a 12″ skillet, and heat. Add meatballs.
- Cover and cook meatballs for about five minutes, then flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, and flip meatballs to another side and cook until brown.
- Continue to flip and cook until meatballs are cooked though and are brown.
Makes about 20 Greek Seasoned Meatballs. Serve wits Couscous or Greek Tomato-Potatoes.