What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner Tonight---May 1st

Thanks for letting me know KYH. I sure understand that! But boy did it sound good, maybe I will work on my own version, at least that way I know it will be YUMMY!!!

CCCathy

Tonight's menu:

Won-ton cups filled with Maytag-blue cream and gingered pears (starter)

Mahi-Mahi in papaya-port sauce
Pearl cous-cous with tomato
Carrots with ginger & soy

Other than the starter, these are all from the freezer, having been prepared as part of other meals.

Now how was it I get to your house...;)

What if you tried shaping it like an epi loaf? That would determine portion size---provided he realizes that one ear is a portion.

I'm definately going to try this bread, though.

I dont think he pays much attention to portions.
He is a pretty big man and he likes food...alot.
An entire loaf of bread between noon and bedtime was not good for a diabetic. I wont be able to do that again.

His wife is an awesome cook but everything she makes is Thai.
I love her food but I think he maybe sometimes wants something different.
He is from Kentucky raised on country food. They had met when he was in the military many years ago. My husband went to highschool with their son.
His wife cooks two or three times a week but most other days I think his diet consist of boiled hot dogs or bologna sandwiches. Their son stops by Wal Mart some days and gets the rotisserie chickens for dinner.

5-3-08
We had Mama's ricotta gnocchi with Mama's marinara sauce topped with fresh grated parm cheese.
It was soooo good!

Yes, JG MamaM's recipes are always a sure hit!

Tonight we are going simple.....

Hoemmade potato soup
Homemade Dinner Rolls
Salad

Nice and simple! It was my Sat. to work. Last night was Red Lobster:)

Tonight was:

Morracan Lemon Chicken
Cous Cous
Zesty Sauerkraut Relish

Pork Tenderloin Roast
Roasted Potatoes & Carrots
Grilled Fresh Asparagus
Homemade Biscuits

JG I will post my potato soup recipe in the appropriate forum for you:) It turned out so creamy and good, I love it!

Thanks CCCathy. I found it and saved it to my computer.
Tonight we are having buttermilk fried chicken and jalapeno/cheddar cornbread.

Last night (sunday) was Corned Beef braised in Guinness and Jamesons Whiskey with carrots, potatoes, and corn.

New Thread

OK. To keep this from getting too cumbersome I'm starting a new weekly thread today. Please post there.

Back