Gluten/Dairy Free Pizza Base
Makes 1 large crust
1/2 teasp Dried Yeast Granules
240ml/8fl.oz. Warm Water
1 teasp Sugar
100g/4oz Rice Flour
1 tbsp Potato Flour
1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 teasp Salt
Extra oil for greasing
1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in half of the warm water, add sugar and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7 and lightly oil a large pizza pan. Prepare the toppings for the pizza.
3. Place the remaining dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add the yeast mixture and mix well, adding the remaining water a little at a time until it is the consistency of a very thick batter.
4. Pour the dough into the centre of the prepared pizza pan and spread around evenly. Bake at the top of the oven for 5 minutes until lightly set.
5. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5.
6. Add the toppings of your choice to the pizza. Return to the oven and continue to bake for a further 15-20 minutes.