Jul 16 # 1 of 2
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup egg substitute
* 2 1/4 cups gluten-free baking mix
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C). Prepare a greased baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually add replacer eggs and vanilla while mixing. Sift together gluten- free flour mix, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the butter mixture until blended. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Using a teaspoon, drop cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Jul 16 # 2 of 2
GLUTEN-FREE BAKING MIX
4 c Rice flour -- finely ground
1 1/2 c Potato starch flour
2/3 c Tapioca starch
MIX and use in recipes for flour/gluten free bread