Nov 21  # 11 of 22
This morning I will throw a "Mexican Chicken Stew" in the Crockpot (I can call it that since it is a Rival). It's a low sodium recipe from Dick Logues book "500 Low Sodiom Recipes". Most of his are good but a few ring of "Low Sodium".
Nov 21  # 12 of 22
GUMBO!!! Believe it was the best I ever made! I am making Chciken CrÍpes:p
Nov 22  # 13 of 22
Sunday we are having a roasted chicken, deviled eggs, mac and cheese & cheddar garlic biscuits. I have a 2 pound salmon filet prepared that I smoked in my stove top smoker this evening to have with our dinner.

I missed a phone call this evening from my fil asking for me to come get turkey legs he had bought to be smoked for Sunday lol. He really liked those I made the other day I guess. Hopefully we will go for the smoked salmon as much.
Nov 22  # 14 of 22
Quote jpshaw wrote:
This morning I will throw a "Mexican Chicken Stew" in the Crockpot (I can call it that since it is a Rival). It's a low sodium recipe from Dick Logues book "500 Low Sodiom Recipes". Most of his are good but a few ring of "Low Sodium".

Mexican Chicken Stew m-m-m-m how'd it turn out?

I may get a copy of the cookbook you mentioned. I wish I could guide my family into lowering their salt intake. I do love it, but it should be used in moderation even for us that do not require a restricted amount. Maybe just maybe if I could prepare recipes from a cookbook that use a nice combo of ingredients to flavor food so that you do not need any or at least as much, then maybe they would not notice.
Nov 22  # 15 of 22
I've been cutting down on my salt intake and I'm starting to prefer it more:)