Recipe: Hampton Roads Crab Cakes
Recipes using Old Bay Seasoning
Price Each: $12.72USD
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 tsp (more to taste) Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp real mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 slices white bread, crust removed
- 1/4 cup milk
- Pick over crab meat and remove any shell or cartilage
- Place bread side by side on a plate, then pour the milk over top of the sliced bread to dampen
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then form into 4 - 6 crab cakes depending on your preferences.
- Place the cakes on a plate covered with wax paper, and layer with more wax paper if needed.
- Refrigerate cakes for about 1/2 hour to allow seasonings to blend and cakes to setup.
- Fry in 1/4 inch of canola oil (or broil) until brown on both sides.
- Serve with tarter sauce, and sliced lemon wedges. Maybe served alone, or on a toasted roll.
Shipping Cost Est