Recipe: Admiral's Fillet of Beef
Recipes using Durkee Whole Thyme Leaves
Price Each: $9.96USD
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 - 8 onions, sliced
- 8 - 10 anchovies, coarsely chopped
- 12 - 15 black olives
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped ham
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Madeira wine
- filet of beef
- butter and olive oil
- Saute onions, add anchovies, ham, olives and seasonings.
- Stir in egg yolks.
- Cut slices not quite through the filet, stuff with the onion/anchovy/ham mix and tie.
- Rub meat with butter. Roast in 350° oven about 50 minutes.
- Skim fat from pan juices.
- Add one cup Madeira wine and cook down.
- Thicken with one cup basic brown sauce.
- Correct seasoning.
Shipping Cost Est