Price Each: $20.78USD
Pastry for double crust 9 inch pie (can use premade crusts)
3 tbsps cornstarch
24 pkts Equal
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
8 cups sliced, cored, peeled, Granny Smith or other baking apples (about 8 medium)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Roll 1/2 the pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted pie pan. Ease pastry into pan.
2. Combine cornstarch, Equal, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Sprinkle over apples in large bowl and toss.
4. Arrange apple mixture in pie crust.
5. Roll remaining pastry into circle large enough to fit top of pie. If desired, cut hearts in pastry with cutters.
6. Place pastry on pie, seal edges, trim and flute.
7. Press pastry hearts on pastry.
8. Bake 40 - 50 mins; until pastry is golden and apples are tender.
9. Cool on wire rack.
Servings: Approx. 8
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or top with whipped cream.