Recipe: Baked Potatoes w/Vegs&Cheese Bacon Sauce
Recipes using Tones Minced Garlic
Price Each: $16.87USD
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 oz butter or margarine
- 3 oz salad oil (mix with butter or margarine)
- 1/2 tsp dehydrated minced garlic
- 2 carrots, scraped, sliced and cooked in boiling water until tender
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 very small cauliflower, washed and broken into flowerets (cook with carrots)
- 2 tbsps plain flour
- 4 oz grated Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 to 1 pt milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- crispy bacon bits
- baked potatoes, fully cooked
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add onion and cook gently.
- Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until sauce bubbles.
- Add the grated cheese and other seasonings.
- Add the cooked carrots and cauliflower.
- Mix in some crispy cooked bacon bits.
- Place baked potato, broken open and covered with the cheesy vegetable sauce on each plate.
A plain green salad goes well with this supper dish.
Shipping Cost Est