Recipe: Banana Nut Cake
Recipes using Young Pecan Halves
Price Each: $21.89USD
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp double action baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add shortening, brown sugar, buttermilk, and mashed bananas.
- Mix to dampen flour. Beat 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat.
- Gently fold in chopped pecans.
- Bake in 3 greased 2x8” round layer pans at 375° F. for 30 minutes.
- Cool cakes on wite racks for 1 hour.
- Frost with frosting below.
- 1 soft cube butter
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- Dash salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Juice and peel of 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 tbsp milk
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl. Add egg, salt, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth. Add juice and peel.
- Add milk for correct consistency.
Shipping Cost Est