Recipe: Barley with Bacon
Recipes using Tones Restaurant Black Pepper
Price Each: $16.96USD
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup barley
- 2 cups warm chicken stock
- black pepper
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 6 to 8 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In large skillet, cook carrot and onion in butter until soft but not brown.
- Add barley and stir until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until barley is just tender.
- Stir in celery.
- Let stand 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Top with hot bacon.
Servings: 4 to 6
Shipping Cost Est