Recipe: Bavarian Bread Dumplings
Recipes using Durkee Ground Nutmeg
Price Each: $17.40USD
Ingredients in Bavarian Brad Dumplings
- 4 white rolls
- 1 cup milk
- 5 ounce bacon or ham
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
To Make Bavarian Brad Dumplings
- Slice rolls finely and soak in lukewarm milk.
- Bread should be moist but not soggy.
- Dice bacon or ham and fry in butter.
- Add chopped onion and parsley to bacon or ham.
- Add eggs and seasoning to bread slices and combine with fried ingredients.
- Shape mixture into dumplings.
- Cook in salted water for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.