Recipe: Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse
Recipes using Tones Pure Almond Extract 2 x 8oz 236ml
Price Each: $24.08USD
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate (use a dark, imported bittersweet chocolate such as Lindt, Tobler, or Suchard)
- 6 tbsp strong coffee (or very strong Sanka)
- 5 eggs, separated salt
- whipped cream (1 pint heavy cream, whipped with 1/4 cup sugar, 2-3 tsps vanilla, and 1/4 tsp almond extract)
- grated chocolate
- Melt chocolate slowly in the top of a double boiler. Blend in coffee, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks with an electric mixer until lemon colored. Mix in melted chocolate and set aside.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Remove from mixer, finish beating by hand, with large wire whisk until stiff hut not dry peaks form.
- Fold chocolate mixture very carefully into whites. Do not stir. When well mixed, pour into a souffle dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate mousse several hours or overnight.
- When firm, mound a large spoonful of whipped cream on mousse. Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- If mousse is to he transported, spread cream evenly on top and sprinkle with chocolate.
Recipe makes 6 to 8 servings of Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse.
Shipping Cost Est