Recipes using Tabasco Sauce
Price Each: $10.18USD
- 2 small eggplants,about 2 pounds
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cut eggplants lengthwise into halves and make several deep slits in flesh being careful not to pierce skin.
- Insert garlic slivers into cuts. Sprinkle cut surface with salt and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350° F. oven for 1 hour.
- Remove eggplants, cool slightly and invert on papertowels.
- As eggplants finish cooling, squeeze gently to remove excess liquid.
- Scrape flesh and garlic out of skins into small bowl and mash with fork.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pine nuts and parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving add pine nuts and parsley.
Serve immediately as appetizer with small rounds toasted bagette.
Shipping Cost Est