Recipe: Chicken and Spaghetti
Recipes using McCormick Garlic Powder
Price Each: $19.52USD
Chicken and Spaghetti
- 1 chicken
- 8 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10-3/4 ounces)
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup (11 ounces)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring chicken, water, salt, garlic powder, and pepper to a boil in large dutch oven.
- Cover and reduce to simmer at least one hour, or until chicken is easily removed from bone.
- Cool chicken in broth, then bone, skin and dice coarsely and set aside. Save broth.
- Heat oil in fry pan, add celery, onion, and green pepper. Saute 10 to 15 minutes
- Bring chicken broth to boil; add spaghetti, and cook 9 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti, save at least 1/2 cup broth. Mix this reserved broth and soups together over low heat.
- Combine chicken, vegetables, spaghetti and soup in casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese and bake in 400° F oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Cover with aluminum foil and let stand 15 more minutes to blend flavors.
Makes 4 to 6 servings of Chicken and Spaghetti.
Shipping Cost Est